The historic and versatile Venice Train Depot is the perfect spot to host your next party, meeting, or special event. It is situated on beautiful park land with an amazing view of boats cruising along the Intercoastal Waterway.
The Freight Room is a private and rustic room, with wood floors, brick walls, and large windows. The room comfortably accommodates up to 80 guests.
- Just off the room is an attached patio.
- It’s the perfect spot for food buffets, a cocktail area or for extra seating.
- Other amenities included in the price are six eight foot banquet tables, 75 chairs and an elevator for handicapped guests.
- Price is $33 per hour.
In addition to the Freight Room, the Depot is home to a historic Caboose, with a 1920 sq. ft. patio, also equipped with an elevator for handicapped guests.
- Patio pricing ranges from $18 to $33 per hour.
Also available for your party needs is a covered walkway-perfect for those outdoor activities.
- Outdoor space prices range from $15 to $33 per hour.
The property serves as a trailhead on the Legacy Trail. Public transportation and restrooms are also available on this site. It also has a beautiful bronze statue of Gunther Gebel-Williams.
This unique facility is also a preserved historical marker and it houses a small museum with displays native to the Venice area and the locomotive industry.
Call 941-861-1380 for reservations, rental information and schedule an appointment to see the room.