The Nokomis Park Community Center is comprised of three multi-purpose rooms that are available to rent.
The main hall is approximately 1586 square feet and can accommodate up to 80-100 people.
It may be used for weddings, banquets, parties, meetings and special events.
It offers a small kitchen with a service window, sink, microwave and refrigerator/freezer unit.
There are two additional meeting rooms.
Both are 690 square feet, and can accommodate up to 30-40 people.
One of the meeting rooms also offers a sink and portable wall.
Other amenities available with the rental are eight foot banquet tables, chairs, TV/DVD player, wall mounted screen/projector, podium, American flag and portable sound system with a microphone.
Nokomis Park is a trailhead for the Legacy Trail.
The facility rests on 17-acres of beautiful park space which has indoor restrooms, a covered basketball court, two sand volleyball courts, two tennis courts, covered stage, kayak launch, fishing pier, six covered picnic shelters with two grills, and a covered children's playground.
A Little Bit of History
The Nokomis Park Community Center was one of the area’s oldest educational institutions. Formerly named the Nokomis School was build in 1924 on Nippino Trail.
Originally children in grades one through eight attended the school. In 1927, two wings of three classroom each were added to the original structure to accommodate students from Laurel, Nokomis, Venice and Englewood in grades 9 through 12. In 1930, the first class of eight seniors graduated.