Reuse, Reclaimed Water, Reuse Water-use ScheduleReclaimed water is the result of an intense purification processing of wastewater at a water reclamation facility. The product is reused for landscape irrigation.
Extensive treatment, disinfection, and restricted usage ensure that public health and the environment are protected. Reclaimed water is an important component of both wastewater management and water resource management in Florida. Its use is encouraged and promoted. Sarasota County's reclaimed water meets or exceeds the Florida Department of Environmental Protection requirements for reclaimed water standards.
Benefits of reclaimed water include:
- The reduction of the demand on water supplies used for drinking
- Postponement of the development of costly new sources of drinking water
- Enhancement of the landscape through irrigation
- Reduction of the saltwater intrusion
- Saved potable water bills
- A responsible and environmentally sensitive alternative to effluent disposal
Reclaimed or Reuse
en Espanol (Spanish): 941-861-6734
Utilities Call Center: 941-861-6790
Fax: 941-861-0603 or 941-861-6780