New Water/Sewer Service
If you are new to Sarasota County and have just purchased or leased a home, or you have moved to a new location, you will need to activate water and sewer service.
- We request two business days notice to activate or terminate your service. Please call the Utility Billing and Customer Service Office.
- A refundable deposit or credit check is required at the time of application for service.
You can request activation of your service by phone at 941-861-6790.
To start new service, the following documents are required with this application:
- If you are the owner of the property, proof of ownership is required to set up new service.
- Attach a copy of the closing statement or a copy of ownership record listed on the Sarasota County Property Appraiser's Office.
- If you are renting the property, a copy of the signed lease or email from the owner or property management company will be required to start new service.
- Attach a copy of the signed lease before submitting the application.
A security deposit is required to establish a new account with the department; however, the deposit may be waived subject to an identity check and various other requirements.
- The deposit is not negotiable or transferable between individuals.
- Deposits are credited on the account after 24 months of a satisfactory payment record along with accrued interest at a rate approved by the Board of County Commissioners.
- The Department reserves the right to require a new deposit, increase a deposit amount due to an unsatisfactory payment either by the customer or the location history or require a cash deposit in advance.
- Pay online at H2O2GO.
- Pay by credit card via our automated system at 941-861-6790 option 1.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Debit Cards.
- You may walk-in to pay your bill using Credit Card, Check, or Money Order.
- Or drop your payment in one of our convenient Drop Box locations.
- To ensure proper credit, please list your Sarasota Public Utilities account number on your payment.
- Bills are due upon receipt and become past due 15 days AFTER the bill date.
- After 25 days from the billing date, the bill will is past due and late penalties are assessed at 1.5 percent on each outstanding item.
- Disconnection of service will occur if any previous balance has not been paid by the due date.
- Partial payments are not sufficient to continue service.
- Application for New Utility Service Spanish
- CodeRED Information/Registration Poster
- Current Adjustment Policy
- Current Drinking Water Quality Report
- Current Rate Resolution
- Customer Service Welcome Packet
- EDU res 2006-124 EDU TABLE
- High Bill Check List
- High Bill Check List Spanish
- How To Read Your Meter
- Master Meter Accounts List
- Resolution 2017-089 - Rate Resolution
- What Not to Flush