New Water/Sewer Service
We request two business days notice to activate or terminate your service. Please call the Utility Billing and Customer Service Office.
A refundable deposit or credit check is required at the time of application for service.
You can request activation of your service by phone at 941-861-6790.
To start new service, the following documents are required with this application:
- If you are the owner of the property, proof of ownership is required to set up new service. Attach a copy of the closing statement or a copy of ownership record listed on the Sarasota County Property Appraiser's Office.
- If you are renting the property, a copy of the signed lease or email from the owner or property management company will be required to start new service. Attach a copy of the signed lease before submitting the application.
A security deposit is required to establish a new account with the department; however, the deposit may be waived subject to an identity check and various other requirements.
- The deposit is not negotiable or transferable between individuals.
- Deposits are credited on the account after 24 months of a satisfactory payment record along with accrued interest at a rate approved by the Board of County Commissioners.
- The Department reserves the right to require a new deposit, increase a deposit amount due to an unsatisfactory payment either by the customer or the location history or require a cash deposit in advance.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Debit Cards.
- Pay online at H2O2GO.
- Pay by credit card via our automated system at 941-861-6790 option 1.
- You may walk-in to pay your bill using Credit Card, Check, or Money Order Or drop your payment in one of our convenient Drop Box locations. To ensure proper credit, please list your Sarasota Public Utilities account number on your payment.
- Bills are due upon receipt and become past due 15 days AFTER the bill date.
- After 25 days from the billing date, the bill will is past due and late penalties are assessed at 1.5 percent on each outstanding item.
- Disconnection of service will occur if any previous balance has not been paid by the due date.
- Partial payments are not sufficient to continue service.
- Application for New Utility Service Spanish
- Current Adjustment Policy
- Current Drinking Water Quality Report
- Current Rate Resolution
- EDU res 2006-124 EDU TABLE
- High Bill Check List
- High Bill Check List Spanish
- How To Read Your Meter
- Master Meter Accounts List
- Resolution 2017-089 - Rate Resolution
- Utility Service Welcome Packet
- Utiltiy Service Welcome Packet Spanish
- Welcome Packet 10-16-17
- What Not to Flush