This innovative program provides private citizens, businesses and organizations an opportunity to support the countywide anti-litter campaign.
- It provides a way to offer an inexpensive project that gives residents the satisfaction of making a contribution to their communities and can help generate publicity for a group's service activities.
- Adopted areas are maintained as part of a joint effort to keep our environment clean and healthy and participation in the program is free.
- Keep Sarasota County Beautiful’s program is currently focusing on the adoption of roads throughout Sarasota County.
What Keep Sarasota County Beautiful requires:
- Perform litter removal in the Adoption Location.
- Attend a safety meeting before performing litter removal.
- Conduct a minimum of four (4) cleanups annually. Participation in the Great American Cleanup (spring) and the International Coastal Cleanup (fall) is encouraged.
- Complete the KSCB cleanup report and KSCB release form and return to the KSCB office after the cleanup event(s).
What Keep Sarasota County Beautiful provides:
- Safety training for the Adoption group.
- Personalized appreciation sign.
- Safety and cleanup supplies (gloves, trash bags, etc.).
- Removal of trash bags, and large, heavy or bulky litter and debris.
- Recognition of active Adoption group accomplishments.
How to get involved:
- Contact the KSCB office at email@example.com or by calling 941-861-5000 to inquire about roads in your area that are in need of an adoption partner.
- Complete the KSCB application for the Adoption program and KSCB agreement of maintenance form and return the forms to the KSCB office.
- Attend the Safety Presentation to review the program requirements and pick up your cleaning supplies
State Adopt-a-Highway Program
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) manage the State Adopt-a-Highway program. For more information, visit the FDOT website.
For More Information
Call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000 and ask for the Keep Sarasota County Beautiful office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.