Steps to become a Green Business Partner
The Green Business Partnership is open to all businesses in Sarasota County. Certified Green Business Partners operate in an environmentally responsible manner. More than 200 businesses have earned certification.
Program certification includes an on-site verification of reduction, reuse and conservation practices in:
- Business operations
- Solid waste management
- Energy and water consumption
To enjoy the environmental and business rewards of being a certified Green Business Partner, your company must:
- Complete and submit an online Green Business Application (four sections). View a PDF form (NOTE: application must be submitted via online portal).
- Complete a waste assessment (PDF; will review/consult in an on-site assessment).
- Implement the required environmental standards.
- Participate in an on-site assessment.
- Display the program seal and adopt the following Green Business Pledge:
[Name of business] believes that a successful business is dependent upon a healthy environment. We pledge to demonstrate our environmental stewardship by reducing waste and conserving natural resources, and by operating an environmentally responsible business.
Certification is valid for three years, after which a recertification process will be required. Certification may be revoked if a later site assessment reveals that a business no longer meets the certification standards.
Please submit your completed Application forms to:
Green Business Partnership Program
6700 Clark Road
Twin Lakes Park
Sarasota, FL 34241