The Green Business Partnership is open to all businesses in Sarasota County. Certified Green Business Partners operate in an environmentally responsible manner. More than 200 businesses have earned certification.
Program certification includes an on-site verification of reduction, reuse and conservation practices in:
- Business operations
- Solid waste management
- Energy and water consumption
HOW YOUR BUSINESS CAN BENEFIT
Green business partners receive the following benefits by participating in the program.
- Official logo usage and certificate
- Green Business Partnership directory listing
- International Green Map listing
- Free waste assessment and energy audit
- Media Exposure
- Cost Savings
- Increased sales
- Healthier work environment
- Increased productivity
- Community recognition
- Networking opportunities
- John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art: $100,000 annual savings after project to reduce electricity, natural gas and water consumption
- Doctor’s Hospital: ‘Linen Conservation Initiative’ saves $56,000 in energy and water use
- Venice Golf and Country Club: Cut 4,000 pounds of nitrogen and other pollutants from discharge to Myakka River watershed by irrigating with captured stormwater
- Children’s World Uniform Supply: Double-sided copying and scrap paper use for drafts cut paper consumption by half
CONTACT THE GREEN BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP
Call 941-861-5000 and ask for the Green Business Partnership Coordinator.
Email the Green Business Partnership Coordinator.