Major arterial roadway from State Road 776 (Charlotte County) to I-75 (Sarasota County).
- 12.7-mile-long widening and elevation improvement.
- Add capacity, correct deficiencies and hurricane evacuation.
- Add bicycle lanes, sidewalks, streetscape and street lighting.
- Multiple partners and stakeholders.
Total Invested/Committed to Date: $52.6 million.
- Winchester Boulevard (2002)
- Completed 2-lane roadway – State Road 776 (Charlotte County) to River Road (Sarasota County).
- Joint project between Sarasota and Charlotte Counties:
$10 million construction.
2. River Road ROW acquisition north and south of U.S. 41
(2006 – present)
• Acquisition to date: $11.3 million.*
• Exchange agreement with Thomas Ranch: Approximately 236-acres for River Road ROW. Approximate value:
3. West Villages Parkway and River Road
partial intersection (2010)
• Completed construction: $5.9 million.
4. River Road: U.S. 41 to Interstate-75
Full construction plans (2013)
• Completed construction plans: $4.5 million.
5. River Road and U.S. 41 ultimate intersection and
Completed Construction and Engineering Inspection (CEI). • North Port Impact Fees: $6.4 million.
• West Villages District: $1.9 million.
• Sarasota County: $1.1 million.
(Total $9.4 million.)
6. Development agreement approved (2016)
• Joint-use ponds: West Villages Improvement District
River Road: U.S. 41 to West Villages Parkway.
• Committed value: $900,000.