Major arterial roadway from State Road 776 (Charlotte County) to I-75 (Sarasota County).
- 12.7-mile-long widening and elevation improvement.
- Add capacity, correct deficiencies and hurricane evacuation.
- Add bicycle lanes, sidewalks, streetscape and street lighting.
- Multiple partners and stakeholders.
Total Invested/Committed to Date: $52.6 million.
- Winchester Boulevard (2002)
- Completed 2-lane roadway – State Road 776 (Charlotte County) to River Road (Sarasota County).
- Joint project between Sarasota and Charlotte Counties: $10 million construction.
- River Road ROW acquisition north and south of U.S. 41 (2006 – present)
- Acquisition to date: $11.3 million.*
- Exchange agreement with Thomas Ranch: approximately 236-acres for River Road ROW.
- Approximate value: $10.6 million
- West Villages Parkway and River Road partial intersection (2010)
- Completed construction: $5.9 million.
- River Road: U.S. 41 to Interstate-75
- Full construction plans (2013) Completed construction plans: $4.5 million.
- River Road and U.S. 41 ultimate intersection and signalization (2014)
- Completed Construction and Engineering Inspection (CEI).
- North Port Impact Fees: $6.4 million.
- West Villages District: $1.9 million.
- Sarasota County: $1.1 million.(Total $9.4 million.)
- Development agreement approved (2016)
- Joint-use ponds: West Villages Improvement District River Road: U.S. 41 to West Villages Parkway.
- Committed value: $900,000.