The Bicycle and Pedestrian plan is designed to outline a safe, convenient and efficient bicycle and pedestrian system that provides access to major destinations within Sarasota County and surrounding counties.
The plan includes:
- Comprehensive Plan goals, objectives and policies supporting bicycle and pedestrian needs.
- Safety and education programs.
- Types and designs for shared-use paths and amenities.
- Current bicycle and pedestrian facilities.
- Community-recommended improvements and future needs.
The plan is intended to be a framework for future improvements and action items that can be considered within the county.
These action items may require policy changes, funding opportunities to be explored, and more partnerships.
The plan specifically provides for a long list of items, of which many are educational, that may be considered in the future.
Use our interactive map to view current bicycle and walking routes: https://ags3.scgov.net/multimodalmap/