In Sarasota County’s continued effort to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community, and to help better protect the community and our employees, the following changes are in effect for Solid Waste facilities:
CHEMICAL COLLECTION CENTERS (hazardous waste drop-off sites) - What is open?
- Beginning the week of June 8, the three Chemical Collection Centers will begin accepting hazardous waste from all residential and commercial customers. Appointments will no longer be required.
- Disposal for Sarasota County residents is free, however limits may apply.
- Applicable disposal rates will apply for businesses. Payment must be made by credit/debit card (cash and/or checks will not be accepted).
CHEMICAL COLLECTION CENTERS (hazardous waste drop-off sites) - What is closed?
- Admin office at the Bee Ridge Chemical Collection Center
- The Re-Uz-It Shop at the Bee Ridge Chemical Collection Center
CENTRAL COUNTY LANDFILL - What is open?
- Disposal for customers and contractors. Payment must be made by credit/debit card (cash and/or checks will not be accepted).
- RC Fliers Club (members only).
- Mulch/fines (limited quantities available).
CENTRAL COUNTY LANDFILL - What is closed?
- Admin office
- Birding/nature observation
All residential collection services for garbage, recycling and yard waste continue to run as regularly scheduled.
Located in the Chemical Collection Center at 8750 Bee Ridge Road, the Re-Uz-It Shop is open Monday-Saturday between 8 a.m.-3.30 p.m. The shop is closed on government recognized holidays.
Items brought to the Chemical Collection Centers that are still in usable condition make up the inventory found in the Re-Uz-It Shop.
Rather than pay a hazardous waste company to dispose of these products, the county opened the Re-Uz-It Shop to serve county residents.
Inventory changes daily and typically includes items such as:
- Automotive Products
- Plant Food
- Pool Chemicals
Shoppers must show photo identification and must be at least 18 years of age. Sarasota County reserves the right to limit quantities.