During this time of uncertainty, our top priority is the health and well-being of our volunteers and community. We wanted to remind KSCB volunteers that all county-sponsored events and events held at county-owned or operated facilities have been cancelled through Thursday, April 30, including the KSCB Great American Cleanup.
Based on guidance from Keep America Beautiful, and state and local officials, all cleanups scheduled for the month of April by KSCB Adoption Program Partners should be cancelled and rescheduled for a future date after the Stay at Home restrictions have been lifted.
This innovative program provides private citizens, businesses and organizations an opportunity to support the countywide anti-litter campaign.
- It provides a way to offer an inexpensive project that gives residents the satisfaction of making a contribution to their communities and can help generate publicity for a group's service activities.
- Adopted areas are maintained as part of a joint effort to keep our environment clean and healthy and participation in the program is free.
- Keep Sarasota County Beautiful’s program is currently focusing on the adoption of roads throughout Sarasota County.
What Keep Sarasota County Beautiful requires:
- Perform litter removal in the Adoption Location.
- Attend a safety meeting before performing litter removal.
- Conduct a minimum of four (4) cleanups annually. Participation in the Great American Cleanup (spring) and the International Coastal Cleanup (fall) is encouraged.
- Complete the KSCB cleanup report and KSCB release form (below) and return to the KSCB office after the cleanup event(s)
What Keep Sarasota County Beautiful provides:
- Safety training for the Adoption group.
- Personalized appreciation sign.
- Safety and cleanup supplies (gloves, trash bags, etc.).
- Removal of trash bags, and large, heavy or bulky litter and debris.
- Recognition of active Adoption group accomplishments.
How to get involved:
- Contact the KSCB office at email@example.com or by calling 941-861-5000 to inquire about roads in your area that are in need of an adoption partner.
- Complete the KSCB application for the Adoption program (below) and KSCB agreement of maintenance form (below) and return the forms to the KSCB office.
- Attend the Safety Presentation to review the program requirements and pick up your cleaning supplies
State Adopt-a-Highway Program
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) manage the State Adopt-a-Highway program. For more information, visit the FDOT website.
For More Information
Call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000 and ask for the Keep Sarasota County Beautiful office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.