IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT WASTEWATER CAPACITY FEES
Prior to January 8, 2020, the wastewater fee per equivalent dwelling unit (EDU) was $2,627.16. Effective March 24, 2020, it will return to $2,627.16 per EDU through September 30, 2020. On October 1, 2020, the fee per EDU will be reinstated to $3,190. Property owners can save $562.84 per EDU if the wastewater capacity fee is paid before October 1, 2020.
Connect into Existing or New Sewer or Water Line
Water and sewer capacity and connection fees are collected for any new connection to the county's water and/or sewer system.
- These fees represent a new connection's proportionate share of the costs of providing facility capacity to serve new connections;
- and produce revenues not in excess of those required to provide water and wastewater system facilities in order to serve the additional demands and needs on the system.
Connections may include those in franchise utilities and service areas where wholesale water service is provided by the county to the franchise and sewer system either through a new connection or a connection already in place.
- This includes changes in occupancy for existing buildings.
- Most fees are collected upon the issuance of a building permit.
Financing is available through the utility for the water and sewer capacity fees.
Below are applications for:
- New Water Connection Application
- New Sewer Connection Application
- Fire Hydrant Meter Rental Application
Call the Utilities Connection Office at 941-861-6767 to confirm if the county provides water and/or sewer services for a property or for additional information.