Residents and Business and Property Owners
This system is capable of dialing the entire county within minutes.
It delivers a recorded message from Sarasota County describing the situation and any instructions for immediate or future action.
If you opt in for text message and/or email alerts in the CodeRED database, those will also be sent.
The calling number will display 866-419-5000 for emergencies, 855-969-4636 for non-emergencies, and 800-566-9780 for weather warnings. To hear the last message delivered, simply dial the number back.
- drinking water contamination.
- extended utility outages.
- evacuation notice and route.
- missing person.
- fires, floods, bomb threat, hostage situation, chemical spill or gas leak, and other incidents where rapid and accurate notification is essential for life safety.
- The opt-in weather warning service will automatically notify those registered of tornado, flash flood and severe thunderstorm voice alert warnings just minutes after an alert is issued by the National Weather Service.
Residents and business and property owners in Sarasota County are urged to register their contact information in CodeRED, which may include cell phone and other land-based numbers, so they may receive CodeRED calls and alerts for emergency events. Below is a poster you can share in your community.
For those who are hearing-impaired, the sign-up form offers a TDD ONLY option for tone delivery of CodeRED messages. Messages delivered to phone numbers marked TDD will only be delivered in a TDD/TTY format.