IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT WASTEWATER CAPACITY FEES
Before January 8, 2020, the wastewater fee per equivalent dwelling unit (EDU) was $2,627.16. Effective March 24, 2020, it will return to $2,627.16 per EDU through September 30, 2020. On October 1, 2020, the fee per EDU will be reinstated to $3,190. Property owners can save $562.84 per EDU if the wastewater capacity fee is paid before October 1, 2020.
New Water/Sewer Service
If you are new to Sarasota County and have just purchased or leased a home, or you have moved to a new location, you will need to activate water and sewer service.
Please call the Utility Customer Service Office at 941-861-6790.
To start new service, the following documents are required with this application:
- If you are the owner of the property, proof of ownership is required to set up new service.
- Attach a copy of the closing statement or a copy of ownership record listed on the Sarasota County Property Appraiser's Office.
- If you are renting the property, a copy of the signed lease or email from the owner or property management company will be required to start new service.
- Attach a copy of the signed lease before submitting the application.
A security deposit is required to establish a new account with the department; however, the deposit may be waived subject to an identity check and various other requirements.
- The deposit is not negotiable or transferable between individuals.
- Deposits are credited on the account after 24 months of a on time consecutive payments along with accrued interest at a rate approved by the Board of County Commissioners.
- The Department reserves the right to require a new deposit, increase a deposit amount due to an unsatisfactory payment either by the customer or the location history or require a cash deposit in advance.
- Pay online at H2O2GO.
- Pay by credit card via our automated system at 941-861-6790 option 1.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Debit Cards.
- You may walk-in to pay your bill using Credit Card, Check, or Money Order.
- Or drop your payment in one of our convenient Drop Box locations.
- To ensure proper credit, please list your Sarasota Public Utilities account number on your payment.
- Bills are due upon receipt and become past due 15 days AFTER the bill date.
- After 25 days from the billing date, the bill is past due and late penalties are assessed at 1.5 percent on each outstanding item.
- Disconnection of service will occur if any previous balance has not been paid by the due date.
- Partial payments are not sufficient to continue service.
- Call Center Spanish Welcome Packet
- Current Adjustment Policy_ADAc
- Current Rate Resolution_ADAc
- Current Sarasota County F.O.G. Ordianance
- High Bill Check List Spanish_ADAc
- High Bill Check List_ADAc
- How To Read Your Meter_ADAc
- Master Meter Accounts List_ADAc
- Multi Family Accounts DBA 061919
- OHCD Brochure
- R2019-205 Updated Rate Resolution
- Resolution 2020-056
- Resolution 2020-103 - Rules and Regulations
- What Not to Flush