The Sarasota County Commission adopted the new Unified Development Code (UDC) on November 27, 2018 with an effective date of January 1, 2019.
The UDC updated and combined the county’s Land Development Regulations (former Chapter 74 of the County Code) and Zoning Regulations (former Appendix A of the County Code).
UDC Amendment Cycle No. 2
Sarasota County initiated the 2nd Cycle of Amendments to the Unified Development Code (UDC), starting July 17, 2019.
The window for submitting written proposals to the UDC Amendment Cycle No. 2 is now closed.
- Printable version of full UDC
- UDC Cover
- UDC Content
- UDC ARTICLE 1 - General Provisions
- UDC ARTICLE 2 - Purpose and Intent
- UDC ARTICLE 3 - Prior Approvals, Conflicting and Transitional Provisions
- UDC ARTICLE 4 - Development Review Authority
- UDC ARTICLE 5 - Development Review Procedures
- UDC ARTICLE 6 - General, Base, and Inactive Zoning District Development Standards
- UDC ARTICLE 7 - Special Zoning Districts Standards
- UDC ARTICLE 8 - Supplemental Development Regulations
- UDC ARTICLE 9 - Environmental Regulations
- UDC ARTICLE 10 - Special Development Regulations
- UDC ARTICLE 11 - Sign Regulations
- UDC ARTICLE 12 - App. Req. for Sub., Site Dev., Final Sub., Lot Drainage Plans, and Other Dev. Related Prov
- UDC ARTICLE 13 - Subdivision or Site Development Plan Regulations
- UDC ARTICLE 14 - 2050 Plan Regulations
- UDC ARTICLE 15 - Nonconformities
- UDC ARTICLE 16 - Violations and Enforcement
- UDC ARTICLE 17 - Definitions
- UDC ARTICLE 18 - UDC Standard Documents and Forms