The Sarasota County Comprehensive Plan is a blueprint, adopted by the Sarasota County Commission, to guide development of land, economic growth, resource protection and the provision of public services and facilities in Sarasota County over time. It is a vision and road-map for the county’s future; the framework for big-picture decisions on how to grow, while preserving, restoring and improving our communities.
In 2016, an update to the County's Comprehensive Plan was approved by the Sarasota County Commission. The 18-month update included the review of each of the 12 chapters, targeted community engagement and refined goals objectives and policies.
- Over 50 subject matter experts from each county department participated, in addition to over 200 workshop participants, 1700 online survey responses and over 25 public meetings and workshops.
- The Plan was divided into two Volumes; Volume 1 contains Goals, Objectives and Policies, and Volume 2 contains Supporting Data and Analysis.
- The result is a more user-friendly Comprehensive Plan that provides clearly stated objectives and direction for moving forward, taking advantage of technological advances, graphics and formatting.
The Sarasota County Comprehensive Plan has received three awards:
- 2017 Florida Chapter of the American Planning Association’s Award of Excellence (Large Jurisdiction category)
- 2017 Florida Planning and Zoning Association’s Award of Merit
- 2016 Sun Coast Chapter of the Florida Planning and Zoning Association’s Award of Excellence
Scrivener's Error Updates:
Mobility Element, Table 10-5, Page V1-436.
Mobility Element, Map 10-8 & 10-9, Pages V2-465 & V2-466.
- SA-2017-04 Twin Laurel Sugery Center Application
- SA-2017-03 Lee Wetherington Office Building Application
- SA-2017-02 Race Trac River Road Application
- CPA 2017-F Ibis Road Transportation Thoroughfare Plan Amendment Application
- CPA 2017-C Englewood Town Center Application
- CPA 2017-B Grand Lakes Application
- CPA 2017-A Palmer Ranch Future Thoroughfare Amendment Application
- CPA 2016-F Scott/Houghton Property Application
- Special Planning Area 3
- Special Planning Area 2
- Special Planning Area 1
- SA-2017-03 - CPA Application
- Applications and Forms - Pre Application Conference Request
- Applications and Forms - Owner Discolsure and Affidavit
- Applications and Forms - Neighborhood Workshop Request
- Applications and Forms - Critical Area Plan Application
- Applications and Forms - Comprehensive Plan Intake Checklist
- Applications and Forms - Comprehensive Plan Amendment Application
- 2017B - NW Materials_full
- 2017B - Map Series - Reduced
- 2017B - Environment
- 20160315 Replacement Pages
- 20160127 Amendment Tracking Sheet
- 20150901 Replacement Pages
- 20150106 Replacement Pages
- 20141003 Replacement Pages
- 20140917 Replacement Pages
- 2015G - 2017 5-23 Public Meetings E-Mail Blast
- 2015G - 2017 5-23 Public Meeting Information
- 2015G - 2017 5-23 OS GB Draft Policy Hand-out
- 2015G - 2017 5-23 NW presentation
- 2015G - 2017 5-12 Notice Draft Policies and Regulations
- 2015G - 2017 1-5 Public Meeting Background Info w ConceptPolicyLanguage
- 2015G - 2017 1-18 PublicMeeting Presentation CPA2015-G
- 2015G - 2016 7-13 Board Authorization Memo CPA2015-G
- 2015F - VillageEnclave
- 2015F - Policy VOS1-2-08082016_underline_final version
- 2015F - Grand Lakes Application Materials
- 2015F - Grand Lake CPA Amendment_Final
- 2015F - CoverLetter KimleyHorn
- 2015C - Resolution No. 2016-039_Transmittal CPA No. 2015-C
- 2015C - CPA Application_palmer-ranch_inc-iv_prcls-a8-a9
- 2015A - Sarasota County Ordinance No 2016-012
- 2015A - CPA and RZ Applications
- 2014G - I-75 Overpass Project Overview
- 2014G - Hanson Engineering Impact Assessment