The Building Division is designed to help Sarasota County property owners, building contractors and permit agents with the permitting process. This includes:
- Plan Review
- Contractor Licensing
- Unlicensed/Unpermitted Enforcement
- Unfit/Unsafe Structures
It is in your best interest to ensure that the contractor you hire is licensed and insured to perform work in Sarasota County.
Contractors and registered users can access their information online and keep track of permits linked to their license in our Online Permitting Services page (external).
Sarasota County Contractor Mobile Application
Registered users, including contractors and authorized agents, can utilize online permitting services from the convenience of a mobile device. Features include:
- Access application status
- Schedule applications and pay fees
- View and manage projects from the field
- View inspection status
- Check permit review status
The application is available to download via Google Play (Android) and the App Store (Apple).
- 2014 National Electrical Code
- 2017 Florida Building Code 6th Edition
- Existing Building
- Florida Building Code (external)
- State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) License Search (external)
- Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) Product Approval (external)
- Sarasota County Property Appraiser Real Property Search (external)
Impact fees are charges on new development and increases in development intensity for the local government’s cost associated with providing infrastructure to serve the new development. Use the Impact Fee Calculator for a fee estimate+.
Impact Fee Rates Implementation Date: April 1, 2017.
+New or increased development will also be subject to additional building fees as well as capacity fees for wastewater and potable water.