Sarasota County offers a unique outdoor experience for shooters of all levels at Knight Trail Park.
- Come visit the public pistol and rifle range and sharpen your target skills on the 78 covered shooting positions which include 12, 25, 50 and 100 yards.
- Test your archery or trap and skeet skills at the LeKatchka Archers Club and Sarasota Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays Club located onsite.
Several portions make up Knight Trail park including:
Park Pistol and Rifle Range
- The Pistol and Rifle Range consists of 78 covered shooting positions varying from 12 to 100 yards.
- Cardboard, targets, and eye protection are available for purchase.
- No firearms are rented nor ammunition sold at the facility.
- The Pistol and Rifle Range is open to the public Wednesday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Call 941-486-2351 for more information.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Adults, other than parent/guardian, accompanying minors to the range must have a signed Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission release form for each visit.
Trap and Skeet
Sarasota Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays Club, Inc. manages the trap and skeet area through a facility use agreement and is open to the public. Hours are seasonal. The range is home to the Scholastic Clay Target Program, which is designed to get school-aged boys and girls invoiced in shooting sports. For details, visit www.sarasotagunclub.com or call 941-488-3223.
The archery course is operated by the LeKatchka Archers Club through a facility use agreement. The course is for club members only. The Club offers an Introduction to Archery on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month beginning at 9 a.m. The public is invited to join club members for target shoots on the second and fourth Sundays of the month from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information visit www.lekatchkaarchers.com or email LekatchkaArchery@yahoo.com.
Picnic and Camping Areas
There are several picnic areas with grills available. Primitive camping is available to nonprofit, 501(c)3 organizations that serve youth. For more information or to make reservations, please call 941-486-2351.