Sarasota County is home to several great Olympic style rowing programs offering opportunities to all ages of wellness enthusiast. The flagship is Nathan Benderson Park (NBP) which, in 2014, was awarded 2017 FISA World Rowing Championship.
Sarasota-Bradenton will co-host this event which will feature the best athletes from around the world. NBP will also host the 2015 US Rowing Youth National Championships, the 2016 Olympic trails in rowing and Modern Pentathlon, and both the 2018 NCAA Women’s Rowing, and 2018 IRA Men’s Rowing Championships.
- Sarasota Scullers, is the oldest program in our area, operating out of the recently renovated Blackburn Point Park. The Scullers offer sweep and sculling competitive teams for middle through high school age athletes.
- Sarasota County Rowing Club (SCRC), works out of a facility adjacent to the Scullers on Blackburn Point Park. SCRC’s main focus is directed to the Masters rowing community.
- Sarasota Adaptive Rowing Program (SARP), is Sarasota’s newest rowing program. It specializes in PARA athletes with physical needs.
- Sarasota Crew, also offers middle through high school competitive teams in addition to a Masters program. Sarasota Crew is one of the largest youth programs in the nation. They operate from their facility located at the Bay Preserve in Osprey.
- Lemon Bay Rowing Club, in South County, has a boat corral located within Indian Mound Park. It too, has a following of loyal master age oarsmen and women.
You Can Row At:
- Nathan Benderson Park
- Blackburn Point Park
- Indian Mound Park
- Myakka State River
- Dallas White Park
- Lemon Bay Park
- Various canal access points in the city of North Port