The Legacy Trail is a trail system connecting communities across Sarasota County and stretching into neighboring Charlotte County.
The Legacy Trail offers rest stops, trailheads and free parking, users will find rest station areas approximately every mile.
The Legacy Trail offers several areas to stop, rest, learn about its history or just enjoy the natural beauty surrounding the trail. The rest stops include seven trailheads which offer access points with free parking.
- Culverhouse Nature Park in Sarasota.
- Osprey Junction Trailhead in Osprey.
- Laurel Park in Laurel.
- Nokomis Community Park in Nokomis.
- Oscar Scherer State Park in Nokomis.
- Patriots Park in Venice.
- Historic Venice Train Depot in Venice.