The Friends of The Legacy Trail (FLT) presents the Surrey Program which offers a way for mobility challenged residents and visitors who would otherwise be unable to share in The Legacy Trail Experience.
- Where: Laurel Park 509 Collins Road, Nokomis. Meet at Sandra Simms Terry Community Center.
- When: Tuesdays and Wednesdays from Jan. 9 through March 28; 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and noon.
- Rides will also be held on first Friday and second Saturday during the months of January, February and March.
- How: Reservations are required. Call 941-486-2757, leave your name, phone number, the number of people in your party, your preferred date and time.
- A volunteer will return your call to confirm your reservation.
- Please note: Volunteers return phone calls on Wednesday and Thursdays.
- You will receive a reservation reminder phone call one week prior to your scheduled ride.
The Legacy Trail offers several areas to stop, rest, learn about its history or just enjoy the natural beauty surrounding the trail. The rest stops include seven trailheads which offer access points with free parking.
- Culverhouse Nature Park in Sarasota.
- Osprey Junction Trailhead in Osprey.(Closed for repairs).
- Laurel Park in Laurel.
- Nokomis Community Park in Nokomis.
- Oscar Scherer State Park in Nokomis.
- Patriots Park in Venice.
- Historic Venice Train Depot in Venice.