In accordance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), the Sarasota County will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its services, programs, or activities.
Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources (PRNR) invite all visitors to participate in and enjoy our many parks, programs, and services.
- We are dedicated to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure that visitors with disabilities are included in the exploration of natural areas, cultural sites, programs, activities, and events within Sarasota County Parks.
- We are committed to provide equal access in a respectful and dignified manner to all visitors and work with our partners and authorized vendors who, in compliance with their contracts and/or agreements, share the responsibility of providing reasonable accommodations and program access to visitors with disabilities.
Accessibility within PRNR
- Siesta Beach has a 400 foot Beach access mat that is used every day by park hundreds of park visitors each day.
- Sarasota County has a process by which citizens may provide accommodation requests or suggestions for improvement to accessibility.
- Beach wheelchairs are available at lifeguard stands throughout Sarasota’s public beaches and are free of charge.
- PRNR is in the process of creating a park’s facility transition plan that will assist the department with providing safe and accessible park experiences for all visitors.
- PRNR is directed by Title II: Public Services of the American’s with Disabilities Act.
- Every agency must have an ADA coordinator according to the ADA.
All PRNR facilities and programming will have some aspect of inclusion and accessibility.
- Federal ADA Title II
- Florida State Statutes regarding accessibility
- Federal ADA Service Animal Guidelines
- Federal ADA Infoline
- Sarasota County Information on ADA & Title VI Compliance