Sarasota County offers 11 weeks of summer fun for children entering grades first through twelfth. These camps provide a variety of safe and enjoyable summer recreation opportunities for your children.
- Registration, online and by mail, will begin Monday, April 1, 2019 at 6 a.m.
- To register for camp programs on or after April 1, 2019 click on Registration and Reservations.
North County Day Camps are designed for children entering grades first through fifth and are offered at Bee Ridge Park, Colonial Oaks Park and Longwood Park. South County Day Camps are designed for grades first through sixth and are offered at Laurel Park and Woodmere Park. Day Camps include weekly themes, multiple field trips a week, physical activity, creative arts, science and nature, safety and wellness, summer reading and character-development activities.
Youth entering grades sixth through eighth participate in four field trips a week as well as sports, games, arts and crafts and more.
An elite group of hand-selected high school students learn skills that will prepare them to become successful camp counselors.
- C.I.T. participants assist Day Camp counselors and have the opportunity to earn volunteer hours.
- If your child is interested in interviewing for a C.I.T. position, complete and mail in a registration form indicating C.I.T. program and preferred day camp location between April 1 and May 3.
Mail to the address at the top of the form.
- Candidates will be interviewed in the order the registration form is received until maximum enrollment is reached.
- If selected, candidates must provide a letter of recommendation.
- The program fee is due once the candidate is selected.
This camp is designed to provide recreational opportunities for children with developmental and physical disabilities. Activities include sports, games, arts and crafts, creative playtime, swimming and special entertainers.
More than 35 specialty camps are scheduled throughout the summer. Each camp focuses on a specific theme, allowing campers to focus on a favorite activity or try something new.
- Sarasota County families must qualify for free or reduced lunch through the National School Lunch Program to be eligible.
- The approval letter from the Sarasota County school district must be included with the online application.
- A limited number of scholarships are available per qualifying location. Applications will be processed in the order received.
- Online financial aid applications will be accepted beginning March 11. Applications received prior to this date will not be considered.
- Apply for financial aid for adventure, day and therapeutic camps beginning March 11th by filling out the form here: Questions regarding financial aid should be directed to 941-861-PARK (7275) or firstname.lastname@example.org.