NOTICE: Summer Camp Registration Delayed
Sarasota County is actively monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources (PRNR) continues to be in regular communication with the County Health Department, and continually receives operational related updates.
With the uncertainty of the school year, a decision was made to DELAY the registration date for Summer and Specialty Camps until further notice. Originally, registration was scheduled to open on Monday, March 30, 2020.
Many of our staff are currently focused on activities related to helping slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community. We continue to plan and prepare for our full summer camp program and if necessary, will adjust camp offerings to accommodate the school summer break and our community’s needs.Please know that we understand how important summer and specialty camps are to you and the participants. PRNR Staff will send an email to all previous Summer and Specialty Camps participants at least three (3) days in advance of opening registration. In addition, PRNR will update scgov.net (keyword “Camps”) with registration information as soon as it is available.
Sarasota County offers 10 weeks of summer fun for children entering grades first through twelfth. These camps provide a variety of safe and enjoyable summer recreation opportunities for your children.
- Online registration has been delayed.
- To register for camp programs once opened click on Registration and Reservations.
- PRNR Staff will send an email to all previous Summer and Specialty Camps participants at least three (3) days in advance of opening registration. In addition, PRNR will update scgov.net (keyword “Camps”) with registration information as soon as it is available.
North County Day Camps are designed for children entering grades first through fifth and are offered at Bee Ridge Park, Colonial Oaks Park and Longwood Park. South County Day Camps are designed for grades first through sixth and are offered at Laurel Park and Woodmere Park. Day Camps include weekly themes, multiple field trips a week, physical activity, creative arts, science and nature, safety and wellness, summer reading and character-development activities.
Youth entering grades sixth through eighth participate in four field trips a week as well as sports, games, arts and crafts and more.
An elite group of hand-selected high school students learn skills that will prepare them to become successful camp counselors.
- C.I.T. participants assist Day Camp counselors and have the opportunity to earn volunteer hours.
More than 25 specialty camps are scheduled throughout the summer. Each camp focuses on a specific theme, allowing campers to focus on a favorite activity or try something new. Many of our specialty camps are subject to weather conditions. If camp is canceled prior to the start of the day's activities, a make-up day will be offered. No refunds will be given.
- Sarasota County families must qualify for free or reduced lunch through the National School Lunch Program to be eligible.
- The approval letter from the Sarasota County school district must be included with the online application.
- A limited number of scholarships are available per qualifying location. Applications will be processed in the order received.
- Online financial aid applications will be accepted beginning March 9, 2020 using this form. Applications will not be accepted prior to 12:01 a.m. on March 9, 2020.
- Questions regarding financial aid should be directed to 941-861-PARK (7275) or email@example.com.