Sarasota County offers 11 weeks of summer fun for children entering grades first through twelfth. These camps provide a variety of safe and enjoyable summer recreation opportunities for your children.
- For details, download our Summer Camp Guide. Registration, online and by mail, begins Monday, April 2, at 6 a.m.
- To register for camp programs on or after April 2, click on Registration and Reservations.
Designed for children entering grades first through fifth in north county and first through sixth in south county, the camp includes weekly themes, multiple field trips a week, physical activity, creative arts, science and nature, safety and wellness and character-development activities.
Youth entering grades sixth through eighth participate in four field trips a week as well as sports, games, arts and crafts and more.
An elite group of hand-selected high school students learn skills that will prepare them to become successful camp counselors.
- C.I.T. participants assist Day Camp counselors and have the opportunity to earn volunteer hours.
- If your child is interested in interviewing for a C.I.T. position, complete and mail in a registration form indicating C.I.T. program and preferred day camp location between April 2 and May 1.
Mail to the address at the top of the form.
- Candidates will be interviewed in the order the registration form is received until maximum enrollment is reached.
- If selected, candidates must provide a letter of recommendation.
- The program fee is due once the candidate is selected.
This camp is designed to provide recreational opportunities for children with developmental and physical disabilities. Activities include sports, games, arts and crafts, creative playtime, swimming and special entertainers.
More than 35 specialty camps are scheduled throughout the summer. Each camp focuses on a specific theme, allowing campers to focus on a favorite activity or try something new.