Sarasota County is home to several great Olympic-style rowing programs offering opportunities to all ages of wellness enthusiasts. The flagship is Nathan Benderson Park (NBP) which, in 2014, was awarded the 2017 FISA World Rowing Championship.
Sarasota-Bradenton co-hosted this event, which featured the best athletes from around the world. NBP also hosted the 2015 USRowing Youth National Championships, the 2016 Olympic trials in rowing and modern pentathlon as well as the 2018 NCAA Women's Rowing and IRA Men's Rowing championships.
- Sarasota Scullers is the oldest program in our area, operating out of the recently renovated Blackburn Point Park. The Scullers offer sweep and sculling competitive teams for middle through high school age athletes.
- Sarasota County Rowing Club (SCRC) works out of a facility adjacent to the Scullers at Blackburn Point Park. SCRC’s main focus is directed to the Masters rowing community.
- Sarasota Adaptive Rowing Program (SARP) is Sarasota’s newest rowing program. It specializes in para-athletes with physical needs.
- Sarasota Crew also offers middle through high school competitive teams in addition to a Masters program. Sarasota Crew is one of the largest youth programs in the nation. They operate from their facility located at the Bay Preserve in Osprey.
- Lemon Bay Rowing Club in South County has a boat corral located within Indian Mound Park. It too has a following of loyal master age oarsmen and oarswomen.