Fishing, fishing everywhere!
You can go deep sea fishing, surf casting, bridge fishing, shore fishing, or even fish while wading grass flats! In the Boating and Angling Guide to Sarasota County, you will find a list of popular sport fish, and other fishing resources.
Fishing licenses are required for both freshwater and saltwater fishing. They are issued by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, and the least expensive place to buy them is at the local Tax Collector Office.
For added convenience at a small additional fee, they can also be purchased at bait-and-tackle shops, sports retailers and via the internet.
Fishing piers and spots on bay side
- Bay Island Park
- Blackburn Point Park
- Blind Pass Beach Park, bayside
- Caspersen Beach Park, bayside
- Ken Thompson Park
- Lemon Bay Park
- Manasota Beach Park, bayside
- Nokomis Beach Park, bayside
- Nokomis Community Park (Fishing pier adjacent to The Legacy Trail)
- Osprey Fishing Pier
- Snook Haven Park
- The Legacy Trail Bridges (over Dona Bay and Roberts Bay)
- Turtle Beach Park