CRTO Permitted Operators
Interested in renting a non-motorized vessel or taking a tour? Permitted Commercial Recreation and Tour Operators (CRTOs) launch from the following locations:
- Ted Sperling Nature Park at South Lido, where you can rent a non-motorized vessel or take a tour throughout our many breathtaking mangrove tunnels and waterways. Visit the Ted Sperling Nature Park page for more information.
- Turtle Beach Park is adjacent to the popular Turtle Beach Campground, a small beachfront campground with direct access to Turtle Beach.
Bring your own kayak or stand-up paddleboard or you can get a rental board or tour from one of the permitted, insured commercial operators who launch from these locations.
Loaner personal flotation devices are available at both locations on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Children aged 6 and under must wear their personal flotation device (PFD) while on the water.
- Adults and older children must have their PFD onboard with them.
- More information is available at myfwc.com.
Here is a list of 2020 Permitted CRTOs permitted to launch* from Ted Sperling Nature Park or Turtle Beach Park.
*(Please note that this list is in alphabetical order and Sarasota County does not recommend or endorse any operator over another.)
For more information on the permit program or to apply for a permit, email email@example.com or call 941-861-7275.