Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources (PRNR) invite all visitors to participate in and enjoy our many parks, programs, and services.
- We are dedicated to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure that visitors with disabilities are included in the exploration of natural areas, cultural sites, programs, activities, and events at Sarasota County parks.
- We are committed to provide equal access in a respectful and dignified manner to all visitors and work with our partners and authorized vendors who, in compliance with their contracts and/or agreements, share the responsibility of providing reasonable accommodations and program access to visitors with disabilities.
Accessibility within PRNR
- Siesta Beach has a 400-foot beach access mat that is used every day by the hundreds of park visitors each day.
- Sarasota County has a process for citizens to provide accommodation requests or suggestions for improvements to accessibility.
- Beach wheelchairs are available at lifeguard stands throughout the county's public beaches at no cost.
- PRNR is in the process of creating a facility transition plan that will assist the department with providing safe and accessible park experiences for all visitors.
- PRNR is directed by Title II: Public Services of the American’s with Disabilities Act.
- Every agency must have an ADA coordinator according to the ADA.
All PRNR facilities and programming will have some aspect of inclusion and accessibility.
- Federal ADA Title II
- Florida State Statutes regarding accessibility
- Federal ADA Service Animal Guidelines
- Federal ADA Infoline
- Sarasota County Information on ADA & Title VI Compliance