The Legacy Trail is a trail system connecting communities across Sarasota County and stretching into neighboring Charlotte County. The Legacy Trail offers rest stops, trailheads and free parking, users will find rest station areas approximately every mile.
The Friends of The Legacy Trail (FLT) presents the Surrey Program which offers a way for mobility challenged residents and visitors who would otherwise be unable to share in The Legacy Trail Experience.
- Where: Laurel Park 509 Collins Road, Nokomis. Meet at Sandra Simms Terry Community Center.
- When: Tuesdays and Wednesdays from Jan. 9 through March 28; 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and noon.
- Rides will also be held on first Friday and second Saturday during the months of January, February and March.
- How: Reservations are required. Call 941-486-2757, leave your name, phone number, the number of people in your party, your preferred date and time.
- A volunteer will return your call to confirm your reservation.
- Please note: Volunteers return phone calls on Wednesday and Thursdays.
- You will receive a reservation reminder phone call one week prior to your scheduled ride.