Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources has seven divisions.
Sports Development and Athletics maintains and makes improvements to the county's more than 100 athletics fields, as well as the City of Sarasota's Lawn Bowling Club greens, and Venice and North Port’s athletic fields.
Recreation and Neighborhood Parks provides recreation opportunities across the county, ranging from small neighborhood programs to regional events. This division is also responsible for the operation and daily maintenance of neighborhood parks.
Beaches and Water Access manages beaches that attract visitors worldwide. The division also protects beach and waterfront property and infrastructure.
- We provide daily trash removal and facility cleaning at recreational beaches, beach access points and boat ramps.
- We manage the development and placement of artificial reefs and maintain buoys, channel markers and marine signage.
- We provide land stewardship and environmental management of beach and dune areas, wetlands, bay waters and other protected habitats.
Maintenance Services is responsible for major maintenance, repair and amenity replacement for all park divisions, using contractors and in-house staff.
Natural Areas and Trails manages more than 50,000 acres of the county’s natural areas. The division also manages two nature/environmental centers, coordinating and conducting numerous nature and environmental programs.
Park Planning and Development is responsible for land acquisition, planning services, park capital projects planning and design, and coordination with Public Works Capital Projects on the construction and management of park capital projects.
Business Operations manages systems that control program registration, facility reservations, electronic access to facilities, campground reservations and point of sale transactions.
- We are responsible for procurement activities and mange concession leases and facility use agreements.
- We develop partnerships, operate the Turtle Beach Campground and provide support to the department through research, development and implementation of policy, guidelines and procedures.