*Items may not be renewed if on reserve for another borrower.
**As of September 24, 2019 Sarasota County Libraries no longer charge overdue fines on materials. More information.
Book Club Bags contain 10 copies of a single title along with a biography of the title's author, discussion questions, a list of suggested further reading, and a brochure for the Literature Resource Center database.
- Book Club Bags are available for adults, teens, and children.
- Bags may be checked out for eight (8) weeks.
- Find a list of ALL Book Club Bags in the library catalog.
- Find a list of NEW Book Club Bags in the library catalog.
- Find a list of Book Club Bags for Juvenile Readers in the library catalog.
- Find a list of Book Club Bags for Young Adult Readers in the library catalog.
- Find a list of Book Club Bags for Adult Readers in the library catalog.
Books-by-Mail is a fast, convenient service to send library materials to people who are unable to access the library collection due to temporary or long-term physical or visual disability.
- Available materials are large-print books, audio books (CD and Cassette) and descriptive video recordings (VHS and DVD).
For more information, please contact our Books By Mail office at 941-861-2503.
The Sarasota County Library System carefully selects and purchases materials so that patrons have access to a wide range of materials in a variety of formats to meet research, recreational and educational needs.
- Materials chosen for collections meet certain criteria established by the Library System documented in the Collection Development Policy.
- Materials are selected by professional librarians using reputable and respected professional review sources.
- Recommendations from library patrons are also accepted by submitting a Purchase Request form.
The Rules of Conduct are intended to encourage behavior that supports the library's mission to provide the best possible resources in a welcoming environment.
The County Facility Rules promote behavior that supports the mission of Sarasota County Government, the proper use of its facilities by the public, the protection and preservation of County facilities, and the health and safety of visitors and employees at County facilities.
Sarasota County Libraries provide computers and free Wi-Fi for public use at all ten libraries.
Use of library computers implies acceptance of the policies and rules available at the start of each Internet session.
- Free wireless access in the libraries is provided by Sarasota County Government.
- Terms of service and acceptable use are presented for agreement at the start of each wireless session and may be downloaded: Sarasota County Government Wireless Internet Access Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy.
Sarasota County residents are served by the Pinellas Talking Book Library, a free service administered through the Pinellas Public Library Cooperative.
Through the Pinellas Talking Book Library, residents of all ages who are unable to read standard print material due to visual, physical or learning disabilities are provided recorded, Braille and large-print books and magazines as well as a collection of descriptive videos and playaways.
For more information on the Pinellas Talking Book Library and how to access its services, visit www.pplc.us/tbl/ or call 1-866-619-9568 or 727-441-9958.
- Pinellas Talking Book Library is part of the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS), a network of libraries serving people who have difficulty using or reading regular print.
- For more information on the NLS, please visit www.loc.gov/nls/.