We’ve missed you and we’re excited that Sarasota County Public Libraries will reopen with modified services on Monday, June 15th. Operating hours will be from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday and Saturday with the exception of Osprey Library, which will open at a later date. We’re excited to welcome you back to the library and want you to know what you can expect when you come in.
To provide safe interactions during your library visit, markers will be placed on the floors in high traffic areas to facilitate social distancing and seating will be very limited. Please keep your visit brief so more people can access the library. Hand sanitation stations will be placed around the buildings, and in-person events, programs and meeting rooms will not be available until a later date. Mask wearing is encouraged.
· Customers will be encouraged to use self-check machines.
· Curbside pick-up will remain in place.
· Programs/events are being held online.
· Print magazines and newspapers will be unavailable. However, our digital collection is available here.
· Meeting s rooms will be unavailable.
· Computer use is limited to one hour per day per person.
· The Ask Us telephone, chat, and text will be available for you should you have questions.
· The History Center will offer research visits by appointment.
In the first phase of reopening, we are encouraging grab and go services. When visiting us, we ask that you make your visit brief.
· Seating in the library is limited to promote social distancing and to allow others to safely navigate the facility and access the resources.
· Public computers are spaced 6 feet apart with disposable covers for keyboards. Access will be limited to one hour per day per person.
· Plexi-glass barriers will be installed at service points, and service points will temporarily be limited.
· Stacks will have one-way aisles for browsing with appropriate markings/guidelines for the public.
· Social distancing markers will be placed at service points.
· Additional sanitation stations will be available.
· Toys, puzzles, board books, and other high touch items have been removed.
· AWE early literacy stations will be out of service.
· Reading gardens will be closed.
· Water fountains will be covered; bottle filling stations will remain in service.
· Charging stations will be removed.
No. Customers will still be able to pick up held items through our curbside pick up service. Once you receive your hold pickup notification, contact us to schedule your pickup. You will also have the option to come inside to retrieve and check out your reserved items. For more information on Curbside Pickup Services, please visit our web page here.
Unfortunately, we will not have volunteers at this time. Additionally, Friends of the Library bookstores will remain closed.
YES! Sarasota County Libraries is excited to offer many summer events for all ages through virtual programs. You can find the live and pre-recorded programs on our website under library events. Patrons can also participate in the library’s summer learning program and record reading through Beanstack on the library’s webpage.
Please know we are following CDC guidelines throughout our libraries. It is important to note:
- We will have hand sanitation stations placed around the library buildings.
- The CDC recommends avoiding close contact so we encourage mask wearing and social distancing during visits to the library.
- To provide safe interactions during your library visit, markers will be placed on the floors in high traffic areas to facilitate social distancing. Seating will be limited and we ask that you is keep your visit brief so more people can access the library. Thank you for your understanding as we maintain physical distance.
- If you are ill, please visit us another time.