Summer Reading Is Over!
What a great summer! Thank you for participating in our "Build a Better World" learning program. Be sure to keep an eye on what is happening here at the library throughout the school year.
Every Child Ready to Read
Help your child get ready to read with these simple activities every day:
Come to the library to discover books, music and programs to help! (Download a map of library addresses, phone numbers and direct bus routes.)
Join our Every Child Ready to Read Facebook Group.
Also, check the Libraries' Facebook page weekly for new children's books and fun literacy tips!
Web Resources and Links
- Beanstack - Reading portal
- Kids' eReading Room from OverDrive - eBooks and eAudiobooks just for children.
- Picture Books
- AR BookFinder
- Reading Counts
- Sunshine State Young Reader's Award: Grades K-2
- Sunshine State Young Reader's Award: Grades 3-5 and Grades 6-8
- NoveList K-8 Plus - A database of reading recommendations for young readers, searchable by level and interest.
- World Book Online for Kids - The encyclopedia you love but online!
- Sarasota County Schools Library Catalog - Search the catalog of books at your school.
- All About Sarasota Kids - Your connection to all that your community has to offer you and your child.
- PowerMyLearning - Free online learning games and activities for K-12 students, parents and educators.
Storycasts are podcasts and YouTube videos of children's stories, crafts, teen book reviews and author interviews. Visit the Storycasts page to see and hear them all.
Through the Born to Read program, the library system partners with community agencies to ensure all children are ready to read. For more information, call 941-861-2506 or email BorntoRead@scgov.net.