Mosquito Spraying Schedule
No missions scheduled.
Make sure to empty your containers that hold water and vaccinate your horses and pets to prevent mosquito-transmitted diseases. We advise the public to remain diligent in protecting themselves from mosquito bites by following the “5 D’s,” which are:
- Dusk and Dawn – avoid being outdoors when mosquitoes are biting.
- Dress – wear clothing that covers most of your skin.
- Defend yourself use repellents.
- Repellents that contain Picaridin, DEET (N,N-diethyl-meta-toluamide, or N,N-diethyl-3-methylbenzamide).
- Oil of lemon eucalyptus, IR3535 and permethrin are some repellent options.
- Drainage – check around your home to rid the area of standing water, which is where mosquitoes can lay their eggs.
If you are experiencing a mosquito problem around your home or business, you can call Mosquito Management Services. A technician will be dispatched to help identify and manage your mosquito problem. The resident need not be present for the inspection but the technician needs to have access to the property with no loose dogs present.
Trapping and Spraying
If the technician cannot immediately locate the source of the problem they may set a trap. The trap uses carbon dioxide and a small light to attract female mosquitoes. The trap will be picked up the following day and taken back to our laboratory for identification. The species of mosquitoes collected suggests where to look for the source.