The Office of Homeless Services’ mission is to ensure there is an effective system in place which engages and empowers individuals and families who have no home or are at risk of losing their home, to find and maintain stable housing.
If you are aware of a homeless family or individual in need of services dial 2-1-1 or 941-308-4357. This is the intake and referral service for homeless related needs. Visit the 2-1-1 website for more help.
Florida Housing Coalition's Report - "Sarasota: Creating an Effective Homeless Crisis Response System".
There are people right here in Sarasota County who need help. You may believe that giving money directly is the best way to help these individuals. There are better alternatives to giving money away directly.
For more information about what you can do to help, call 941-861-5000.
- 20140826 BCC Update
- 20140909 BCC Update
- 20140923 BCC Update
- 20141001 Homeless Initiative Report
- 20141211 Homeless Report Final
- 20140422 Homeless Services Presentation Joint Meeting Update
- 20140506 Homeless Initiative Board Report
- 20140519 Homeless Services Recommendation Update
- 20140610 Homeless Services BCC Update
- 20140623 209 N Lime Ave Improvement Description
- 20140623 Detailed Analysis of Sites
- 20140623 Estimated CAYA Operating Budget
- 20140623 Homeless Shelter SIte Presentation Memo
- 20140708 Homeless Services BCC Update
- 11022014 Homeless Services BCC Update
- 20140401 Homeless Services BCC Update Joint Meeting
- 120114 November 2014 Homeless Report FINAL
- 20140318 Homeless Services BCC Update
- 20140401 BCC Update Joint Meeting