As leaders of Sarasota County, we understand that employees may experience hardship caused by events during hurricane season and other natural disasters. We are very concerned about the health and welfare of our employees and their families. In the event a catastrophic incident were to occur, we are sharing resources available to assist you on your road back to recovery.
Should you need immediate help, please contact one of the following County Employee Liaisons:
- Diana Allen (941) 212-0089 or
- Michael Robishaw (941) 500-3611
Or if you like, below are some resources that can help after the storm.
- The Salvation Army (941) 954-4673: The Salvation Army can provide emergency assistance to victims of a hurricane.
- Contact 2-1-1 at (941) 308-4357 or (877) 211-0444: Contact 2-1-1 provides resources for food, housing and clothing assistance. This organization is supported by the United Way.
- American Red Cross (941) 379-9300: American Red Cross provides emergency help to disaster victims in Sarasota County.
- EAP – Employee Assistance Program (941) 917-1240 or (800) 425-7764: The EAP program is available to help Sarasota County employees and their families cope with the additional stress caused by a natural disaster (e.g. anxiety, financial concerns, communication, dealing with family etc.).
- Aetna Health & Benefits Professional (941) 861-5273. Your Aetna Health & Benefits Professional can assist with medical appointments and claims issues.
- Questions or assistance regarding your prescription medications? Contact BenecardPBF at (877) 335-6523. Benecard can assist you with early refills so you do not run out of medication or changing the shipping address for mail order items due to relocation.
In addition to the above, employees with needs are encouraged to contact the Employee benefits team at email@example.com for additional information and assistance with any of the County’s benefit programs.
We are ONE TEAM and you are not alone. We encourage any employee who needs assistance to utilize these important resources.