Sarasota County Government is under a state of emergency, and the Emergency Operations Center is activated. County officials continue to monitor the status of COVID-19 and follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Florida Department of Health.
As of 11 a.m. April 7, here is where COVID-19 cases have been detected in the county. This map was produced using data generated by the Department of Health to be searchable by zip code. For additional information about populations and demographics within the zip codes, visit the DOH dashboard here. You can find county-by-county data by clicking the individual counties on the right side of the dashboard page.
All playgrounds, tennis courts, pickleball courts, basketball courts, volleyball courts and dog parks are closed for public use.
In addition to the above action, the following additional actions were implemented effective until April 30, 2020 or until further notice:
- All county owned beaches are closed to the public.
- All scheduled programs, events, leagues, tournaments, volunteer projects and activities are cancelled.
- All reservations will be cancelled automatically and applicable refunds processed.
- Recreation and Nature Centers are closed to the public.
Knight Trail Park is closed to visitors. The Trap and Skeet Club and Archery Club are also closed through April 30.
Summer Camp Registration Delayed - While much of our staff is currently focused on activities related to helping slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community, we continue to plan and prepare for our full summer camp program and if necessary, will adjust camp offerings to accommodate the school summer break and our community’s needs. With the uncertainty of the school year, the registration date for Summer and Specialty Camps has been delayed until further notice. An email will be sent to all previous Summer and Specialty Camps participants at least three (3) days in advance of opening registration. Please click here for additional information and updates.
SCAT is operating on a modified Saturday schedule. Fares are suspended. View more information here.
Following the lead of federal, state and county governments, Visit Sarasota County (VSC) has decided to close its visitor centers throughout the county in order to best protect visitors, volunteers and staff. However, you can communicate with VSC via email, phone and social media.
You can contact Visit Sarasota County with visitor information questions by email or phone.
- Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Visitors can engage with Visit Sarasota County and ask questions on their social media platforms.
Click here to visit on Facebook.
Click here to visit on Instagram
Click here to visit on Twitter.
City of North Port
Click here to visit the City of North Port online.
City of Sarasota
Click here for limited online customer services from the City of Sarasota.
City of Venice
The City of Venice will temporarily close all its buildings to the public effective Monday, March 23, but will remain staffed. This includes City Hall, Public Works and Utilities. Online services, phone operations, email and physical mail will remain available and be reviewed by staff. Online services at www.venicegov.com include the ability for citizens to pay a utility bill or apply for a permit. Call the city’s main number at 941-486-2626 from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday to be directed to the department you need.
The Cashier’s Office and Building Departments at City Hall, 401 W. Venice Ave., will have drop boxes to drop off payments or documents.
Town of Longboat Key
Click here to visit the Town of Longboat Key online.
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) Regional Offices are closed to the public until further notice.
Regional offices will remain open, but will no longer accept walk-ins for claims assistance, scheduled appointments, counseling and other in-person services. This decision protects our older Veterans and those with underlying conditions as well as our employees.
Veterans can continue to get information about benefits or file a claim for benefits by visiting our website at www.va.gov. Veterans with claims specific or other questions may request information via Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS) or telephone at 1-800-827-1000.
VBA benefits and services provided to Veterans, families, and survivors will continue to be delivered throughout the duration of COVID-19 impacts. Please continue to check www.va.gov for updates. You also may follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Governmental Relations Office launched its “#OneCommunity” initiative to continue supporting local businesses in our community during the Coronavirus pandemic. The initiative encourages residents to support local businesses while practicing social distancing and minimizing the spread of Coronavirus.
Click here to access the business registry, see what our local businesses are offering or to include your businesses information. (Please note that the Directory is best viewed using Google Chrome). The link can also be viewed on a mobile device without requiring any extra steps!
Sarasota County’s Utilities Customer Service at 4000 S. Tamiami Trail will move temporarily to 1001 Sarasota Center Blvd., Sarasota. Customers can conduct business by using any of the following phone, email and online service options. Customers who come in-person will experience increased wait times and will be health screened.
UTILITY BILL PAYMENT OPTIONS
- Credit/Debit Card
- Call 941-861-6790/option #1 to use our automated system.
- Pay online at scgov.net (Click on “I want to…”)
- Check/Money Order
- Drop your payments in the drop box at our Venice or Sarasota locations.
- Mail to: Utility Payment, P.O. Box 31320, Tampa, FL 33631-3320
CLICK HERE TO START A NEW SERVICE ONLINE: Apply to set up an account for new service. Proof of property ownership (i.e., deed, title, certificate of sale, settlement statement) or a signed tenant/landlord lease agreement is required to set up service.
CLICK HERE FOR UTILITY PERMITTING SERVICE ONLINE: Apply for a utility permit. Call 941-861-6767.
Residential curbside collection of garbage, yard waste and recycling will continue on the normal pickup schedule.
In an effort to better protect the community and our employees, the following has been implemented:
- All Household Chemical Collection Centers will be closed until further notice.
- Cash payments will no longer be accepted at Solid Waste Facilities.
- No sightseeing or birdwatching at the landfill until further notice.
- Notice to Model Flyers at the Central County Landfill: Access into the landfill has been restricted until further notice.
- The County Re-Uz-It Shop, 8750 Bee Ridge Road, will be closed until further notice.
We are conducting business by using online service options, phone and email. If in-person service is mandatory, you will need to remotely sign in using the QLess app. Please note you may experience increased wait times and will be health screened.
Visit scgov.net/building for the latest operational updates for permitting center services.
PERMITTING CENTER SERVICES
- Click here for online permitting (permitting, inspections, plan review status and pay fees)
- Click here for contractor application for your mobile device (schedule inspections, pay fees, monitor plan review status)
- Click here to learn about Selectext for inspection scheduling and texted results at 877‑852‑4661
- Inspections Hotline (staffed during normal operating hours): 941‑861‑3271 or 3273
- Click here to learn about the IVR voice phone system (schedule inspections and pay fees): 941‑861‑6441 (available in Spanish)
- Electronic permitting on select permit types email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-861-5000.
As a result of COVID-19 and CDC recommendations, all tax deed sales scheduled for April 7, and May 5, 2020 have been rescheduled to Thursday, June 25, 2020, at 9:00 a.m.
NOTICE: LIMITED SERVICE AVAILABLE
GO ONLINE: SARASOTACLERK.COM
Mail: Clerk and Comptroller, PO Box 3079, Sarasota, FL 34230-3079
REGISTER FOR NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS ON SARASOTACLERK.COM
YOU MAY ENTER THE OFFICE IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF ONE OF THESE SERVICES:
1. Seeking Emergency Court Order for temporary injunction for domestic violence.
2. Seeking Emergency Order regarding mental health issues.
3. Emergency relief: Evictions or Child Pick Up Order (persons not represented by an attorney).
4. Fines or court costs: Cash payments only for fines or court costs. For all others, pay online or mail your payment.
5. Marriage applications. NO CEREMONIES WILL BE CONDUCTED.
RECORDING OFFICE SERVICES
- If you have a building permit and want to record a Notice of Commencement: Go to SarasotaClerk.com to read how to electronically file, or mail your Notice to Karen E. Rushing, Clerk and Comptroller, Att: Recording Office. The Recording Office will send your certified copy to the building department electronically, OR advise at the time you send your recordable document whether you prefer it be mailed back to you.
COMPTROLLER’S OFFICE SERVICES
- Vendor, financial public records, and Comptroller-related inquiries: Call 941-861-5165, or FAR@sarasotaclerkandcomptroller.com
- Employee payroll: Call 941-861-5165, or email@example.com (omit personal information).
BOARD RECORDS SERVICES
- Home Solicitation Permit: Call 941-861-5279 or email BoardofRecords@sarasotaclerkandcomptroller.com to schedule an appointment.
- To view historical Board Record documents, file a public records request, or ask about a Code Enforcement hearing or VAB final decisions: Call 941-861-5279 or email BoardofRecords@sarasotaclerkandcomptroller.com
INTERNAL AUDIT AND OFFICE OF INSPECTOR GENERAL SERVICES
- To report suspected Fraud, Waste or Abuse: Call the Fraud Hotline 855- 506-0304, mail information to Fraud Hotline, P.O. Box 8, Sarasota, FL 34230 or fax your inquiry to (941) 861-5704.
Supervisor of Elections offices in Sarasota, North Port and Venice have been suspended immediately and until further notice.
Available services online include new voter registration, updates to address, signature, party affiliation, and vote-by-mail ballot requests.
Click here to visit the Supervisor of Elections online.
Click here to visit the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office online.
Non-emergency phone: 941-316-1201