Contracted Human Services
Contracted Human Services (CHS) facilitate the funding of services that are:
- Critical to the well-being of the community.
- Strategically effective to the well-being of the community.
Each year, Sarasota County Government accepts applications from nonprofit agencies for the provision of human services needed by Sarasota County residents.
Rating criteria - Application review process
The Human Services Advisory Council will review agency applications to determine program merits and how they benefit the residents of Sarasota County. Recognizing that county government will never be able to fund all human services needed by the county’s residents, prioritization of services is a necessary step in the process.
The advisory council is comprised of Sarasota County residents. The council will utilize Contracted Human Services funding to subsidize the services that are identified as being most essential or valuable to the well-being of the community and prioritized as being most critical or strategically effective to the welfare of the community.
The members of the Human Service Advisory Council have identified a rating criteria that will be used to evaluate the requests for Contracted Human Services funding. For more information, visit Human Services Advisory Council.
If you are aware of a family or individual in need of services, dial 2-1-1 or 941-308-4357. This is the intake and referral service for related needs.
CHS Application Documents:
- FY 2020 CHS-HSAC Application Workshop for 4-11-18-web
- CHS-HSAC Form 2020-2 Program 12-1-17
- CHS-HSAC Form 2020-1 Funding Request
- CHS Form 2020-5 Agency Fiscal Assessment
- CHS Form 2020-4 MOAMOU
- CHS Form 2020-3 Budget-Instructions, A, B & C
- App Form 2020-6 Corporate Resolution
- Additional Information for FY 2020 CHS Application
- Minimum Standards of Eligibility
- 2019 CHS HSAC Funding Recommendation Book
- 2019 Core Funding Recommendation Book