You’ll find amazing opportunities for sports and recreation here in Sarasota County. Our great year-round weather provides for outstanding opportunities to enjoy the outdoors.
Some of our best sporting and recreational venues are within Sarasota County Parks. Most notable are:
- Siesta Beach with its powdery white sand.
- The Legacy Trail providing miles of paved trails.
- The exotic mangrove tunnels located at Ted Sperling Park.
- South Lido Beach, popular for Kayaking and paddling.
If you like rowing, you'll want to keep your eyes on Nathan Benderson Park, now a world class rowing and paddle sport facility.
If you are a baseball fan you can enjoy seeing the Orioles play at Ed Smith Stadium.
Sarasota County Parks and Recreation, in collaboration with our partners at the Sarasota County Sports Commission, is here to support your event and offer superior customer service.
For information on the services we can provide, please contact us at 941-861-5000 or Visit Sarasota County at 941-955-0991 ext. 105 or www.sarasotasports.org
- Ed Smith Stadium
- Offshore Speed Boat Racing
- Sarasota Half Marathon
- Nathan Benderson Park