Sometimes a little change makes a big difference. When your neighborhood needs a small project, consider applying for a neighborhood grant.
Neighborhood Services offers grants to neighborhoods that are willing to match funding through cash, in-kind donations, professional labor or volunteer hours.
Residents and homeowners associations, or ad-hoc groups of neighbors who notice a need for improvement in one or more of the following areas may be eligible to apply:
- Character: "place-making" through the creation or enhancement of assets that are a source of neighborhood pride and identity.
- Leadership: training neighborhood leaders or teams, and developing skills, for neighborhood governance or action.
- Safety: equipping the neighborhood with knowledge or tools to prevent, prepare for, confront or respond to incidences of crime, danger or disaster.
- Environment: protecting water & energy resources, and native plants & animals.
- Health: increasing access to nutritious diets, physical or mental fitness opportunities, or health education.
To learn the dates of future seminars, or to register for a seminar, call 941-861-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2017 (Cycle 31) Deadlines
- Attend a grant seminar no later than April 27, 2018
- Notify Neighborhood Services of Intent to Apply by 5 p.m. on June 15, 2018
- Submit completed application by 5 p.m. on August 15, 2018
- Applications will be reviewed by county staff in August
- Applications will then be evaluated and scored by the Neighborhood Initiative Grant Advisory Committee in September 11, 2018
- Applications will be presented to the Sarasota County Commission for their approval in October 23, 2018
All project-related work and expenses must occur after a grant application has been approved by the Sarasota County Commission.