County Demographics and Statistics
Sarasota County is located in the southwestern part of the Florida peninsula on the Gulf of Mexico, between Manatee and Charlotte counties. Our economy is largely service-oriented, driven by tourism and the migration of retirees, with the major industries including health care, retail trade, and hospitality.
The 2018 population of the county is estimated to be approximately 417,000 permanent residents. During the winter months, however, the local population can increase to over 500,000.
How much did Sarasota County grow last year? What city had the highest growth rate? Find the answers in the latest infographic.
- Population Estimates 2000 to 2018_ADAc
- Change In Employment_ADAc
- Demographic Summary Sarasota County_ADAc
- Demographic Summary Unincorporated County_ADAc
- Business Summary for Sarasota County_ADAc
- Business Summary Unincorporated County_ADAc
- Population by Age 2016 to 2045_ADAc
- Population Pyramid_ADAc
- Population by Race and Ethnicity_ADAc
- Residential Building Permits_ADAc
- Population Projections 2020 to 2045_ADAc
- Top Growing Occupations_ADAc
- Household Income Profile Unincorporated County_ADAc
- Household Income Profile Sarasota County_ADAc
- Employment Clusters and Growth_ADAc
- Educational Attainment_ADAc