County Commission Public Hearing (Aug.23)
Critical Area Plan Amendment, Rezone, Special Exception
(SW Corner of Apex Road & Palmer Boulevard)
Sarasota County will hold a public hearing Aug. 23 for a Critical Area Plan Amendment, Rezone, Special Exception in regards to the area at the southwest corner of Apex Road and Palmer Boulevard.
The hearing is scheduled to start at 9 a.m. in the Commission Chambers of the county’s Administration Center, 1660 Ringling Blvd.
Parking for the meeting:
In addition to public parking located at the downtown Administration Center (1660 Ringling Blvd.) the following locations are available for this meeting:
- 261 S. Orange Ave.: 14 parking spaces.
- 307 S. Orange Ave.: 55 parking spaces.
- 1710 Ringling Ave.: Approximately 65 spaces.
- 1538 State St. Garage: Third level or higher. There is typically a four-hour parking time limit enforced at this facility, but the City of Sarasota Parking Service Manager will relax enforcement of this time limit Aug. 23.
Planning provides unincorporated Sarasota County with land use services in collaboration with businesses, residents and neighboring jurisdictions to build a sustainable, prosperous community that distinguishes Sarasota County.
This inclusive approach supports and facilitates growth as outlined in the Sarasota County Comprehensive Plan.
What We Do
Implementation (Current) Planning
The Planning Implementation section (Current Planning) is responsible for the strategic review and processing of Rezoning Petitions, Special Exceptions, developments of Regional Impact (DRI), developments of Critical Concern (DOCC) and the review of Small Area Comprehensive Plan Amendments when associated with a Rezoning Petition.
Long Range Planning
The long range planning team acts as a catalyst and partner for strategic planning to improve the natural, social, economic and building environment of Sarasota County and the region.
- Act in partnership with other entities
- Other comprehensive planning related issues are reviewed and analyzed to ensure a sustainable vision
What is a Comprehensive Plan?
The Sarasota County Comprehensive Plan is an official public document adopted by the County Commission to guide decision making related to the development of the county.
The contents of the plan are all-inclusive, general and long range.