Attention all commercial landscape professionals and fertilizer applicators!
If your company applies fertilizer to turf or landscape plants in Sarasota County, you must abide by the following information to be compliant with code requirements.
- Abide by the provisions in the Sarasota County Fertilizer and Landscape Management Code – Ordinance No. 2007-062.
- Obtain a Certificate of Completion from a Sarasota County approved Best Management Practices training class.
- Provide proof of the completion of an approved training class to the Sarasota County Tax Collector's office, if you hold a Local Business Tax Certificate.
- Ensure that all your employees receive the necessary training and abide by the code’s provisions.
- Ensure that all new employees serving as applicators receive training from a Sarasota County approved Best Management Practices training class within 90 days of employment.
- Ensure that all new employees work under the physical supervision of a certified applicator until they successfully complete a Sarasota County approved Best Management Practices training class.
- Display a Sarasota County approved decal to the exterior of all vehicles and trailers used in connection with the application.
- Obtain a Limited Certification for Urban Landscape Commercial Fertilizer from the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services.
- Decals are available at:
Air and Water Quality,
1001 Sarasota Center Blvd.,
Sarasota, FL 34240.