SCAT offers veterans daily transportation (Monday-Friday) to two out-of-county medical facilities, Bay Pines VA Healthcare System in Bay Pines
and James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital in Tampa
. This service is provided from six pickup and drop-off points in Sarasota County and costs $8-$13 round trip, depending on the pickup point.
All Veterans requesting service must register. Phone registration is acceptable by calling the Mobility Coordinator at (941) 861-1018.
The service is easy to use. Just follow the simple steps:
1) Make a reservation by calling SCAT Plus at 941-861-1234; press 5 for reservations.
Reservations are required and seating is limited to 20 passengers.
Reservations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled medical appointment.
Reservations for Monday appointments must be made the Friday before.
Reservations close at 2 p.m. each day.
2) Make sure that your medical appointments are scheduled between: Make sure that your medical appointments are scheduled between:
10 a.m.- 2 p.m. at Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital.
Veterans must be ready to leave the hospital no later than 2:30 p.m. to be assured a ride home.
3) Arrive on time at the prearranged boarding point. Arrive on time at the prearranged boarding point.*
- Bring exact fare. If you do not have the fare, contact the Veterans Office at 2200 Ringling Blvd., Sarasota, or call 941-861-2899.
- Fare also includes the transportation of the caregiver but ONLY if medically necessary.
- This is a pay-as-you-go system.
- * Individuals who are unable to get to the pickup point due to a disability may be able to use the SCAT paratranist service.
- This service requires an application and personal assessment prior to use.
- This service is only available in Sarasota County from 7 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Questions? Call 941-861-5000.