Pursuant to Florida Statutes 427
, the Florida Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged (FCTD), the State of Florida mandates and provides local funding for transportation services to Transportation Disadvantaged (TD) individuals.
The FCTD designated the Sarasota/Manatee Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) as the official Planning Agency. Sarasota/Manatee MPO appoint and staff to a Local Coordinating Board (LCB). The LCB advise an approved Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC). The FCTD requires that each CTC submit a Transportation Disadvantaged Services Plan (TDSP) or annual plan.
Sarasota County Transportation Authority (SCTA) is the MPO designated CTC. SCTA provides complementary paratransit services for individuals living within three-quarters of a mile along the fixed transit route. This is consistent with the federal Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).
Described in Chapter 5 are other state and federal funded transportation programs supporting transportation disadvantaged individuals. This includes ADA, Elder Americans, and Children at Risk. Chapter 5 also describe along with the Service Plan for the TD Program.
TDSP Goals and Objectives and Desired Outcomes
- Improve Level of Paratransit Service Delivery
- Improve Efficiency and Cost-Effectiveness
- Balance Operating Expenses and Revenues
- Increase Efficiencies of Contract Driver Operations
- Improve Customer Service
- Excellent, Dependable and Efficient Paratransit Service
- Improve Interagency Coordination
- Increase Internal Coordination with Fixed Route Transit Services
- Improve Coordination of Transportation Services within the Region
- Manage Paratransit Demand