Land Development Regulations (Chapter 74 of the Sarasota County Code)
Regulations pertaining to how a property may be subdivided and developed in a safe, orderly, efficient, economical and environmentally sound manner; provides for public facilities and improvements; and avoids lands unsuitable for development due to poor soil conditions, flooding, unsatisfactory drainage, or other characteristic.
Zoning Regulations (Appendix A of the Sarasota County Code)
Regulations pertaining to the division of land into different land use districts that are designed in accordance with the Sarasota Comprehensive Plan to achieve objectives that include, but are not limited to:
- promoting the beneficial and appropriate development of land and the most consistent use of land;
- protecting the character and the established pattern of development in each area by addressing compatibility;
- preventing or minimizing land use incompatibilities and conflicts among different land uses;
- maintaining property values by stabilizing expectations and ensuring predictability in development; and
- establishing a process that effectively and fairly applies the regulations and standards and respects property owner rights and the interests of Sarasota County citizens.