Sarasota County has begun a process to create a Unified Development Code (UDC) that updates and brings together the Land Development Regulations (Chapter 74 of the Sarasota County Code) and Zoning Regulations (Appendix A of the Sarasota County Code) while ensuring that the regulations align with the Comprehensive Plan.
One of the primary goals for this UDC Project is to establish a single source for significant regulatory information that has applicability to any given parcel in unincorporated Sarasota County.
Additionally, this effort may include:
- incorporation of existing standalone ordinances that regulate development.
- placement of regulatory provisions that may be more appropriately maintained as administrative technical documents.
- development of regulations to implement regulatory components of the Comprehensive Plan.
Anticipated tasks include, but are not be limited to, the following:
- reviewing all existing pertinent county documents;
- identifying issues with existing county regulations;
- consolidating and refining existing regulation language;
- identifying regulatory inconsistencies and provisions that may now be obsolete.