Health in Motion services during August
SARASOTA, FL - The Florida Department of Health in Sarasota County's (DOH-Sarasota) Health in Motion staff will provide no-cost health screenings and referrals for general health and wellness during August. The registered nurse (RN) helps individuals who lack medical insurance find a medical home for ongoing health care through referrals to the Community Health Centers of Sarasota County.
Health in Motion services include:
- Blood pressure screening.
- Body mass index (BMI) measurement.
- Diabetes - glucose screening.
- HIV and STD testing (select sites).
- Tips for staying healthy.
- Referrals to:
- "Quit Your Way" with Tobacco Free Florida.
- Medical and dental care at Community Health Centers of Sarasota County.
No appointment is needed. If the Health in Motion bus is not present, services will be inside at locations.
The following is a schedule of dates and locations, and "bus" is noted when present:
Wednesday, Aug. 30
Salvation Army Family Center Venice
1160 US 41 Bypass S., Venice 34285
9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
For more information, call 941-861-2873 or visit http://www.sarasotahealth.org.