County waives shut-offs for water services
County waives shut-offs for water services through April 30
UPDATE Effective April 7: Since many customers may be facing unusual financial hardships as a result of COVID-19, we are temporarily suspending disconnections for nonpayment and waiving late payment fees through April 30. Any accounts charged, will be adjusted. Customers will be notified once we resume normal operations.
Sarasota County Government has waived water service shut-offs through April 13 for non-payment of utilities bills, as part of the county's ongoing response to COVID-19.
In addition, the Sarasota Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller is urging the community to continue practicing social distancing by utilizing on-line services, pay-by-phone, or mail service.
The Sarasota County Tax Collector is also reminding patrons that motor vehicle, driver's license and tax transactions must be completed online. And, deadlines have been extended to renew driver's license, commercial driver's license and identification cards that are expiring between March 16 and April 15.
The Sarasota County Property Appraiser's Office is also closing all three office locations to the public on March 20, but will remain staffed. Online services, telephone operations, electronic and physical mail will remain available and reviewed by property appraiser staff.
Reminders about Sarasota County Government closures include:
- All Sarasota County libraries will remain closed through April 12.
- Libraries' staff are establishing a curbside pick-up option for items placed on hold through the online catalogue.
- The digital library is available for library cardholders to access books, magazines, movies, music and television programs. Those needing to register for a new card, or renew an existing library card, can do so by calling the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000.
- All indoor facilities operated by Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources have been closed to the public.
- The community can sign-up to receive text alerts about county updates related to COVID-19 by texting SRQCOVID19 to 888-777.
For any other questions related to COVID-19 in Florida, please contact the DOH dedicated COVID-19 call center at 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.For more information about Sarasota County Government, call 941-861-5000.