County cancels events in response to COVID-19
Post Date:03/12/2020 6:20 PM
To help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our most vulnerable populations, Sarasota County will be canceling all events with anticipated attendance of 250 individuals or more at county facilities for the next 30 days beginning Friday, March 13.For any other questions related to COVID-19 in Florida, please contact the Department's dedicated COVID-19 call center at 866-779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com.
These actions are designed to slow down and reduce transmission among all age groups. However, current reports and studies display that COVID-19 has a greater severity on citizens over 60 with underlying medical conditions.
Sarasota County continues to monitor the status of COVID-19 and state-level communications while working with our partners at the state and local Departments of Health.
The health of our community members, first responders and staff is crucial therefore, the county will be implementing the following:
- Any event hosted by private organizations or Sarasota County with anticipated attendance greater than 250 individuals will be cancelled. Cancellations begin Friday, March 13 and will last for the next 30 days.
- A list of events will be available on scgov.net and will be updated regularly.
- County staff continues to disinfect communal and high-touch areas including library computer stations, SCAT buses, customer service stations and more.
- Community members should continue to follow guidelines from the Florida Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) including the following:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cough into the sleeve of your shirt and dispose of used tissues.
- Avoid sharing food and drinks with others.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, especially with unclean hands.
For additional information, visit the Department's dedicated COVID-19 webpage at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19. This remains the best and most up-to-date resource for information and guidance regarding COVID-19 in Florida.
For more information contact the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000.