Two Libraries to close temporarily for maintenance
Two Sarasota County Libraries to close temporarily for maintenance
Post Date:10/30/2019 9:00 AM
Return to full list >>
In November and December, two public libraries will temporarily close while undergoing structural and cosmetic maintenance and upgrades. These changes are being made to enhance the library user's experience and maintain the integrity of the buildings.
The North Port Public Library will close beginning Nov. 25 and and will undergo interior cosmetic changes, upgrades to lighting and installation of a new chiller and air handling system. The three nearest libraries include:
- Francis T. Bourne Jacaranda Public Library, 4143 Woodmere Park Blvd., Venice, served by SCAT route 16.
- Shannon Staub Public Library, 4675 Career Lane, North Port, served by SCAT route 9.
- Elsie Quirk Public Library, 100 W. Dearborn St., Englewood, served by SCAT route 16.
Selby Public Library will close beginning Dec. 15 for similar upgrades. During this period, library patrons are invited to visit the following locations for full library services:
- Betty J. Johnson North Sarasota Public Library, 2801 Newtown Blvd., Sarasota, served by SCAT route 7.
- Fruitville Public Library, 100 Coburn Road, served by SCAT route 1.
- Gulf Gate Public Library, 7112 Curtiss Ave., served by SCAT routes 5 and 6.
Library services are expected to resume in early January 2020. During the closures, library users will still have access to their accounts online or through the mobile application and are encouraged to visit alternative locations for full services. In addition, limited services will be available in each library's meeting room from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Services will include hold pick-up, materials return and reference assistance.
For more information, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000.