If you have questions, requests, comments, compliments or concerns about Sarasota County you can connect with us in multiple ways.
Provides live coverage of county/city Commission meetings and work sessions as well as programming about county/city programs and services.
For media inquiries, please call 941-861-NEWS (6397) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The public should call 941-861-5000 for information about any county business. Sarasota County government routinely advises the media of upcoming meetings, events and news.
For information about public records or to make a request, call 941-861-5886 or contact email@example.com.
Sarasota County's annual report of the projects, programs and initiatives undertaken during the previous year, along with financial information to demonstrate the county's stewardship of taxpayer funds, is now available.
Flood zone workshops continue this fall
Sarasota County will host a series of educational flood zone workshops throughout 2019 at several county libraries.
The workshops are intended to educate residents, lenders and insurance and real estate agents about flood risks, zones, maps, regulations and mandatory insurance purchase requirements. Attendees will also find out why flood zone maps are continuously updated.
All workshops are from 10:15 a.m. to noon.
No registration is required. Upcoming workshop dates and locations include:
- Gulf Gate Library, 7112 Curtiss Ave., Sarasota: Sept. 17, Oct. 8, Oct. 29.
- Jacaranda Library, 4143 Woodmere Park Blvd., Venice: Sept. 18.
- Elsie Quirk Library, 100 Dearborn St., Englewood: Sept. 25, Nov. 6.
- North Port Library, 13800 Tamiami Trail, North Port: Oct. 1.
- Fruitville Library, 100 Coburn Road, Sarasota: Oct. 23.
- Selby Library, 1331 First St., Sarasota: Nov. 5.
In addition to the flood zone workshops, Sarasota County will also host grant workshops for structural modifications, which are new for 2019.
Those workshops are:
- Tuesday, Sept. 24, 10:15 a.m. to noon, Selby Library.
- Wednesday, Oct. 2, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Fruitville Library.
- Tuesday, Oct. 22, 10:15 a.m. to noon, North Port Library.
To see the full list of 2019 workshops or for more information, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000.