County closures in observance of Labor Day
Most Sarasota County offices and services closed in observance of Labor Day
Most Sarasota County Government offices, including the Florida Department of Health in Sarasota County, will be closed Monday, Sept. 2, in observance of Labor Day.
All Sarasota County libraries and recreation centers will be closed, and Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT) will not operate that day. However, the Siesta Key Breeze will be operating from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Sept. 2.
All solid waste facilities, including the Central County Landfill, the Citizens' Convenience Center and the Chemical Collection Centers will be closed for the holiday.
All trash, recycling and yard waste collection services will be delayed by one day due to the holiday. Curbside collection will run as follows:
- Monday, Sept. 2: no collection services.
- Tuesday, Sept. 3: collection for Monday customers.
- Wednesday, Sept. 4: collection for Tuesday customers.
- Thursday, Sept. 5: collection for Wednesday customers.
- Friday, Sept. 6: collection for Thursday customers.
- Saturday, Sept. 7: collection for Friday customers.
The landfill will remain open until 5 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 7 due to the holiday collection schedule; however, the construction and demolition area will close at 2 p.m.
For more information, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000.